Acronyms are explained below. All times Eastern and PM, except where obvious. As of 09/24/2007 02:55:31 AM -0700 .
|Poinsettia Bowl||Dec. 19||San Diego, CA||8:00||ESPN2||MWC #2||At-large||TCU**||28||Northern Illinois*||21|
|Las Vegas Bowl||Dec. 21||Las Vegas, NV||8:00||ESPN||MWC #1||Pac-10 #4||BYU**||21||Oregon**||14|
|New Orleans Bowl||Dec. 22||New Orleans, LA||8:00||ESPN2||Sun Belt #1||C-USA #5||Troy**||21||Rice*||14|
|Papajohns.com Bowl||Dec. 23||Birmingham, AL||1:00||ESPN2||C-USA #4||Big East #5/6||East Carolina**||14||South Florida**||27|
|New Mexico Bowl||Dec. 23||Albuquerque, NM||4:30||ESPN||MWC #4||WAC #3||New Mexico**||14||San Jose State**||21|
|Armed Forces Bowl||Dec. 23||Fort Worth, TX||8:00||ESPN||MWC #3||C-USA #3||Utah**||10||Tulsa*||14|
|Hawaii Bowl||Dec. 24||Honolulu, HI||8:00||ESPN||Pac-10 #6||WAC #2||Arizona State*||28||Hawaii**||31|
|Motor City Bowl||Dec. 26||Detroit, MI||7:30||ESPN||MAC #1||Big Ten #7||Central Michigan**||21||MTSU**||10|
|Emerald Bowl||Dec. 27||San Francisco, CA||8:00||ESPN||ACC #7||Pac-10 #5||Florida State**||7||UCLA*||24|
|Independence Bowl||Dec. 28||Shreveport, LA||4:30||ESPN||Big 12 #7||SEC #6/7||Oklahoma State*||14||Alabama*||7|
|Texas Bowl||Dec. 28||Houston, TX||8:00||NFL||Big 12 #8||Big East #4||Kansas State*||7||Rutgers**||21|
|Holiday Bowl||Dec. 28||San Diego, CA||8:00||ESPN||Pac-10 #2||Big 12 #3||California**||28||Texas A&M*||14|
|Music City Bowl||Dec. 29||Nashville, TN||1:00||ESPN||SEC #6/7||ACC #5||Kentucky**||10||Clemson*||27|
|Sun Bowl||Dec. 29||El Paso, TX||2:00||CBS||Pac-10 #3||Big East #2/ND/Big 12 #5||Oregon State**||21||Missouri*||17|
|Liberty Bowl||Dec. 29||Memphis, TN||4:30||ESPN||C-USA #1||SEC #8||Houston**||35||South Carolina*||27|
|Insight Bowl||Dec. 29||Tempe, AZ||7:30||NFL||Big 12 #6||Big Ten #6||Texas Tech*||31||Minnesota**||14|
|Champs Sports Bowl||Dec. 29||Orlando, FL||8:00||ESPN||ACC #4||Big Ten #5||Maryland*||17||Purdue*||14|
|Car Care Bowl||Dec. 30||Charlotte, NC||1:00||ESPN||ACC #6||Big East #3/Navy||Boston College*||14||Navy**||10|
|Alamo Bowl||Dec. 30||San Antonio, TX||4:30||ESPN||Big 12 #4/5||Big Ten #4||Texas**||27||Iowa*||9|
|Peach^ Bowl||Dec. 30||Atlanta, GA||8:00||ESPN||ACC #2||SEC #3/4/5||Virginia Tech**||27||Georgia**||10|
|MPC Computers Bowl||Dec. 31||Boise, ID||7:30||ESPN||WAC #1||ACC #8||Nevada**||14||Miami (FL)**||7|
|Outback Bowl||Jan. 1||Tampa, FL||11:00||ESPN||Big Ten #3||SEC #3/4/5||Penn State**||10||Tennessee**||21|
|Cotton Bowl||Jan. 1||Dallas, TX||11:30||FOX||Big 12 #2||SEC #3/4/5||Nebraska**||10||Auburn**||17|
|Capital One Bowl||Jan. 1||Orlando, FL||1:00||ABC||SEC #2||Big Ten #2||Arkansas**||10||Wisconsin**||24|
|Gator Bowl||Jan. 1||Jacksonville, FL||1:00||CBS||ACC #3||Big East #2/ND/Big 12 #4||Georgia Tech**||17||West Virginia**||14|
|Rose Bowl||Jan. 1||Pasadena, CA||5:00||ABC||BCS (Big Ten #1)||BCS (Pac-10 #1)||Michigan**||24||Southern Cal*||10|
|Fiesta Bowl||Jan. 1||Glendale, AZ||8:30||FOX||BCS (Big 12 #1)||BCS (At-large)||Oklahoma**||35||Boise State**||21|
|Orange Bowl||Jan. 2||Miami, FL||8:00||FOX||BCS (ACC #1)||BCS (At-large)||Wake Forest**||10||Louisville**||34|
|Sugar Bowl||Jan. 3||New Orleans, LA||8:00||FOX||BCS (SEC #1)||BCS (At-large)||LSU**||28||Notre Dame**||7|
|International Bowl||Jan. 6||Toronto, ON, CA||12:00||ESPN2||MAC #3||Big East #5/6||Western Michigan**||10||Cincinnati**||21|
|GMAC Bowl||Jan. 7||Mobile, AL||8:00||ESPN||MAC #2||C-USA #2||Ohio**||7||Southern Miss**||21|
|BCS Championship Game||Jan. 8||Glendale, AZ||8:00||FOX||BCS #1||BCS #2||Ohio State**||31||Florida*||17|
Summary: 20-12 (62.5%) [maybe someday I'll figure out if I got any of the scores...]
Past years: 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999
BCS Selection Process for 2006-2007:
The order of selection is as follows:
1. The top 2 teams go to the national title game and conference champs of the Big Ten, Big 12, ACC, Pac-10, and SEC go to their games.
2. The bowls that lose their automatic qualifiers get to replace them first. (The bowl that would have the #1 team goes first.)
3. The remaining bowls pick automatic qualifiers and at-large teams in the reverse order when they will be played (so, this year, the order is Sugar, Orange, and then Fiesta).
What is an automatic qualifier? Well, here are the criteria (in order):
1. You finish in the top two of the standings.
2. You are the champion of the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10, or Southeastern Conference.
3. You are a the champion of C-USA, the MAC, the MWC, the Sun Belt, or the WAC and you:
a) Are ranked in the top 12
b) Or are in the top 16 and ranked above a team that qualifies under rule 2.
No more than one team meeting these provisions may get an auto-berth and the highest ranked team gets it.
4. Notre Dame will qualify if they are ranked 8th or higher.
5. If the 3rd ranked team has not earned an automatic berth by this point and there are less than 10 qualifiers, then that team gets it as long as no team in its conference is in the national title game.
6. If the 4th ranked team has not earned a berth by this point and there are less than 10 qualifiers, then that team gets it as long as no team in its conference is in the national title game.
If there are fewer than 10 automatic qualifiers, then any team in the top 14 with at least 9 wins can be picked as an at-large team.
?=at-large because some conference couldn't fill its bids
* = Accepted invitation
** = Predicted correctly
^ = now known as the Chick-fil-a Bowl
A team in bold indicates that I predicted the winner correctly
A bold score means that I actually managed to pick the score correctly